EnContextoSocial.com
Bandera de DO
Inteligencia Editorial

EnContexto Social utiliza inteligencia artificial avanzada para recopilar, analizar y presentar noticias verificadas de la República Dominicana en tiempo real.

SECCIONES

Nacionales

Deportes

Economía

Mundo

Turismo

LEGAL

Términos de Uso

Privacidad

Cookies

Contacto

Sobre Nosotros

Administración

BOLETÍN DIARIO

Recibe las noticias más importantes a primera hora de la mañana. Sin spam, solo información.

​
© 2026 Noticias RD AI. Todos los derechos reservados
SISTEMAS OPERATIVOS
Internacional

Trump warns he’s considering limited strikes on Iran and says Tehran ‘better negotiate a fair deal’

Fortune
Fortune
...

...

...

DOP
Análisis Cortex AI Disponible
Activa Cortex AI para generar resumen ejecutivo, métricas de sesgo, contexto y mejorar la redacción.
Trump warns he’s considering limited strikes on Iran and says Tehran ‘better negotiate a fair deal’
Fuente Original
Ali Vaez, an Iran expert at the International Crisis Group, said Iran “would treat any kinetic action as an existential threat.”...
Imagen principal

President Donald Trump warned on Friday that limited strikes against Iran are possible even as the country’s top diplomat said Tehran expects to have a proposed deal ready in the next few days following nuclear talks with the United States.

In response to a reporter’s question on whether the U.S. could take limited military action as the countries negotiate, Trump said, “I guess I can say I am considering that.” A few hours later, he told reporters that Iran “better negotiate a fair deal.”

Earlier Friday, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a TV interview that his country was planning to finalize a draft deal in “the next two to three days” to send to Washington.

“I don’t think it takes long, perhaps, in a matter of a week or so, we can start real, serious negotiations on the text and come to a conclusion,” Araghchi said on MSNOW’s “Morning Joe” show.

The tensions between the longtime adversaries have ramped up as the Trump administration pushes for concessions from Iran and has built up the largest U.S. military presence in the Middle East in decades, with more warships and aircraft on the way.

On Friday, the USS Gerald R. Ford carrier strike group passed through the Strait of Gibraltar and entered the Mediterranean Sea after being sent by Trump from the Caribbean, according to images of the ship by maritime photographers posted to social media.

Both Iran and the U.S. have signaled that they are prepared for war if talks on Tehran’s nuclear program fizzle out. “We are prepared for diplomacy, and we are prepared for negotiation as much as we are prepared for war,” Araghchi said Friday.

Ali Vaez, an Iran expert at the International Crisis Group, said Iran “would treat any kinetic action as an existential threat.”

Vaez said he doesn’t think Iran’s leaders are bluffing when they say they would retaliate, while they likely believe they could maintain their hold on power despite any U.S. airstrikes.

What Iran and the US are negotiating

Trump said a day earlier that he believes 10 to 15 days is “enough time” for Iran to reach a deal following recent rounds of indirect negotiations, including this week in Geneva, that made little visible progress. But the talks have been deadlocked for years after Trump’s decision in 2018 to unilaterally withdraw the U.S. from Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers. Since then, Iran has refused to discuss wider U.S. and Israeli demands that it scale back its missile program and sever ties to armed groups.

Araghchi also said Friday that his American counterparts have not asked for zero enrichment of uranium as part of the latest round of talks, which is not what U.S. officials have said publicly.

“What we are now talking about is how to make sure that Iran’s nuclear program, including enrichment, is peaceful and will remain peaceful forever,” he said.

He added that in return, Iran will implement some confidence-building measures in exchange for relief on economic sanctions.

In response to Araghchi’s claim, a White House official said Trump has been clear that Iran cannot have nuclear weapons or the capacity to build them and that it cannot enrich uranium. The official wasn’t authorized to comment publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Tehran has long insisted that any negotiations should only focus on its nuclear program and that it hasn’t been enriching uranium since U.S. and Israeli strikes last June on Iranian nuclear sites. Trump said at the time that the strikes had “obliterated” Iran’s nuclear sites, but the exact damage is unknown as Tehran has barred international inspectors.

Although Iran insists its nuclear program is peaceful, the U.S. and others suspect it is aimed at eventually developing weapons.

What Congress has to say

Trump’s comments have faced pushback from some lawmakers who say the president should get Congress’ approval before any strike.

Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia said Friday that he has filed a war powers resolution that would require that step. Though it has no chance of becoming law — in part because Trump himself would have to sign it — some bipartisan consensus has arisen recently among senators who forced votes on previous resolutions on military action in Venezuela.

None of those resolutions passed, but they were successful in showing how lawmakers are troubled by some of Trump’s aggressive foreign policy maneuvers.

“If some of my colleagues support war, then they should have the guts to vote for the war, and to be held accountable by their constituents, rather than hiding under their desks,” Kaine said in a statement.

This story was originally featured on Fortune.com

Fuente Original
Fortune
Leer completa

Comentarios (0)
ANTERIOR

After fueling test, optimism grows for March launch of Artemis II to the Moon

SIGUIENTE

Piden intervención de edificio abandonado en Cristo Rey

Más en Internacional
Policía Nacional de Haití reporta al menos 16 muertos en operación contra bandas en Kenscoff
Internacional
🇩🇴
22 feb•4 MIN

Policía Nacional de Haití reporta al menos 16 muertos en operación contra bandas en Kenscoff

La Policía Nacional de Haití (PNH) informó que al menos 16 presuntos miembros de grupos armados murieron durante una operación realizada la madrugada de este sábado en Kenscoff, al sur de Puerto Prínc...

N DigitalN Digital
Concierto de Juan Luis Guerra encendió el norte dominicano
Internacional
🇩🇴
21 feb•5 MIN

Concierto de Juan Luis Guerra encendió el norte dominicano

SANTIAGO (República Dominicana), 20 feb (EFE).- El cantautor dominicano Juan Luis Guerra y su legendaria agrupación 4.40 encendieron la noche del viernes el Estadio Cibao de Santiago, donde alrededor...

AlMomentoAlMomento
Ciudades de EE.UU. repudian millonario plan de adaptar almacenes en centros migratorios
Internacional
🇩🇴
21 feb•6 MIN

Ciudades de EE.UU. repudian millonario plan de adaptar almacenes en centros migratorios

Miami (EE.UU.), 21 feb (EFE).- Gobiernos locales y estatales, y grupos civiles mostraron su rechazo al plan de la Administración del presidente estadounidense, Donald Trump, de comprar depósitos y alm...

De Último MinutoDe Último Minuto
SANTO DOMINGO
Divisas (DOP)

USD


EUR

Actualizado en tiempo real
El Resumen IA

Recibe cada mañana las 5 noticias que debes saber, analizadas por nuestra inteligencia artificial.

Suscribirme gratis

Lo más leído
Identificando tendencias...
Videos Destacados
ANTERIOR
SIGUIENTE