EnContextoSocial.com
Bandera de DO
Inteligencia Editorial

EnContexto Social utiliza inteligencia artificial avanzada para recopilar, analizar y presentar noticias verificadas de la República Dominicana en tiempo real.

SECCIONES

Nacionales

Deportes

Economía

Mundo

Turismo

LEGAL

Términos de Uso

Privacidad

Cookies

Contacto

Sobre Nosotros

Administración

BOLETÍN DIARIO

Recibe las noticias más importantes a primera hora de la mañana. Sin spam, solo información.

​
© 2026 Noticias RD AI. Todos los derechos reservados
SISTEMAS OPERATIVOS
Internacional

JPMorgan admits for the first time it closed Trump’s accounts after the Jan. 6 attack as lender fights his $5 billion ‘debanking’ lawsuit

Fortune
Fortune
...

...

...

DOP
Análisis Cortex AI Disponible
Activa Cortex AI para generar resumen ejecutivo, métricas de sesgo, contexto y mejorar la redacción.
JPMorgan admits for the first time it closed Trump’s accounts after the Jan. 6 attack as lender fights his $5 billion ‘debanking’ lawsuit
Fuente Original
“In February 2021, JPMorgan informed Plaintiffs that certain accounts maintained with JPMorgan’s CB and PB would be closed.”...
Imagen principal

JPMorgan Chase acknowledged for the first time that it closed the bank accounts of President Donald Trump and several of his businesses in the political and legal aftermath of the Jan. 6, 2021 attacks on the U.S. Capitol, the latest development in a legal saga between the president and the nation’s biggest bank over the issue known as “debanking.”

The acknowledgment came in a court filing submitted this week in Trump’s lawsuit against the bank and its leader, Jamie Dimon. The president sued for $5 billion, alleging that his accounts were closed for political reasons, disrupting his business operations.

“In February 2021, JPMorgan informed Plaintiffs that certain accounts maintained with JPMorgan’s CB and PB would be closed,” JPMorgan’s former chief administrative officer Dan Wilkening wrote in the court filing. The “PB” and “CB” stands for JPMorgan’s private bank and commercial bank.

Until now, JPMorgan has never admitted it closed the president’s accounts in writing after Jan. 6. The bank would only speak hypothetically about when the bank closes accounts and its reasons for closing accounts, citing bank privacy laws.

A spokeswoman for the bank declined to comment beyond what the bank said in its legal filings.

Trump originally sued JPMorgan in Florida state court, where Trump’s primary residence is now located. The filings this week are part of an effort by JPMorgan Chase to have the case both moved from state to federal court and to have the jurisdiction of the case moved to New York, which is where the bank accounts were located and where Trump kept much of his business operations until recently.

Trump originally accused the bank of trade libel and violating state and federal unfair and deceptive trade practices.

In the original lawsuit, Trump said he tried to raise the issue personally with Dimon after the bank sent him notices that JPMorgan would close his accounts, and that Dimon assured Trump he would figure out what was happening. The lawsuit alleges Dimon failed to follow up with Trump.

Further, Trump’s lawyers allege that JPMorgan placed the president and his companies on a reputational “blacklist” that both JPMorgan and other banks use to keep clients from opening accounts with them in the future. The blacklist has yet to be defined by the president’s lawyers.

“If and when Plaintiffs explain what they mean by this ‘blacklist,’ JPMorgan will respond accordingly,” the bank’s lawyers said in a filing.

JPMorgan has previously said that while it regrets that Trump felt the need to sue the bank, the lawsuit has no merit.

The issue of debanking is at the center of the case. Debanking occurs when a bank closes the accounts of a customer or refuses to do business with a customer in the form of loans or other services. Once a relatively obscure issue in finance, debanking has become a politically charged issue in recent years, with conservative politicians arguing that banks have discriminated against them and their affiliated interests.

“In a devastating concession that proves President Trump’s entire claim, JPMorgan Chase admitted to unlawfully and intentionally de-banking President Trump, his family, and his businesses, causing overwhelming financial harm,” the president’s lawyers said in a statement. President Trump is standing up for all those wrongly debanked by JPMorgan Chase and its cohorts, and will see this case to a just and proper conclusion.”

Debanking first became a national issue when conservatives accused the Obama administration of pressuring banks to stop extending services to gun stores and payday lenders under “Operation Choke Point.”

Trump and other conservative figures have alleged that banks cut them off from their accounts under the umbrella term of “reputational risk” after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol. Since Trump came back into office, the president’s banking regulators have moved to stop any banks from using “reputational risk” as a reason for denying service to customers.

This is not the first lawsuit Trump has filed against a big bank alleging that he was debanked. The Trump Organization sued credit card giant Capital One in March 2025 for similar reasons and allegations. The case is ongoing.

This story was originally featured on Fortune.com

Fuente Original
Fortune
Leer completa

Comentarios (0)
ANTERIOR

Irán se cubre en múltiples frentes: mientras negocia, se prepara para un ataque de Estados Unidos

SIGUIENTE

Produção brasileira de soja deve bater novo recorde em 2026

Más en Internacional
Arrestan en Colombia a "Medio Labio", narco que operaba bodegas de droga en República Dominicana
Internacional
🇩🇴
20 feb•2 MIN

Arrestan en Colombia a "Medio Labio", narco que operaba bodegas de droga en República Dominicana

BOGOTA.-La Policía Nacional de Colombia y la Guardia Civil capturaron en Medellín a Jhon Henry González Herrera, conocido como alias “Medio Labio”, señalado como uno de los principales operadores fina...

Proceso.com.doProceso.com.do
Prestianni ya dio su testimonio ante UEFA por el conflicto con Vinicius Junior
Internacional
🇩🇴
20 feb•2 MIN

Prestianni ya dio su testimonio ante UEFA por el conflicto con Vinicius Junior

La denuncia de racismo se dio durante el compromiso entre portugueses y españoles en dieciseisavos de la UEFA Champions League....

ESPNESPN
ONU advierte que la mayoría de las bandas en Haití están implicadas en el tráfico de menores
Internacional
🇩🇴
20 feb•3 MIN

ONU advierte que la mayoría de las bandas en Haití están implicadas en el tráfico de menores

Somos Pueblo | La Oficina de las Naciones Unidas para los Derechos Humanos emitió una alerta sobre la situación de vulnerabilidad de la infancia en Haití, señalando que la mayoría de las 26 bandas arm...

Somos PuebloSomos Pueblo
SANTO DOMINGO
Divisas (DOP)

USD


EUR

Actualizado en tiempo real
El Resumen IA

Recibe cada mañana las 5 noticias que debes saber, analizadas por nuestra inteligencia artificial.

Suscribirme gratis

Lo más leído
Identificando tendencias...
Videos Destacados
ANTERIOR
SIGUIENTE